Radio Courses

Did you know…

Under federal regulations, you need an operating certificate to use a VHF and HF radio:

•    The Marine Radio Short Range Operator’s VHF Certificate of Proficiency (SROCP) is for VHF radio and is the normal certificate for recreational boaters.
•    The Marine Radio Operator’s Long Range Certificate of Proficiency (LROCP) is for VHF and MF/HF radio.

A number of Coast Guard Flotillas across the country run either a LROCP or SROCP course frequently throughout the year (dependent on numbers).

These courses are a great way to obtain your LROCP License while supporting your local Coast Guard Flotilla.

 Course prices start at $160.00

Price includes:
• delivery of the course
• examination paper

Find your nearest course: